Key Tenant Information

We have been letting and managing properties in the Bexley Borough and surrounding areas for many years. We hope that we will be able to find you a suitable property in no time at all. Please feel free to register with us online or contact our office directly and we shall be pleased to help you in any way we can.

We are members of ARLA propertymark and for your peace of mind have Client Money Protection so you can rest assured of a compliant and professional service from Parris Residential.

Out of Hours Emergency contact for Tenants:

An emergency is something which could cause serious damage to the property or place a tenant at risk. For example:

  • If you smell gas or detect a gas leak, call the National Gas Emergency service on 0800 111 999 and follow their advice. When safe to do so, call our emergency number and report to us.
  • Severe leaks.
  • Loss of electrical power.
  • Blockage of your only toilet.
  • Broken windows or doors following a break-in.


Ensure you are experiencing a true emergency and that the issue can not wait to be resolved within our opening hours. Please remember that if a contractor is called out as an emergency when a repair is not justified, you will be liable for all costs.

Our Emergency out of hours contact number is 020 8303 4245.


Permitted Payments

Click here to view our permitted payments information. 



Use appliances correctly

When living in a rented property, Your landlord may have provided white goods. Sometimes they will also provide things like small kitchen appliances.

Although you are paying to live in the property, the fixtures, fittings and removable appliances don't belong to you and should be used correctly.

As a tenant you are responsible for doing things like:

Defrosting the freezer,

Draining and cleaning the washing machine and filter.

Cleaning the oven.

If you neglect to use or care for appliances correctly, the responsibility to fix or replace them may fall on you.


Report problems to your landlord / Agent

If there is a problem with your rented property during the term of your tenancy, it is your responsibility to report it to your landlord.

Do not ignore problems like leaks or peeling paintwork, as they will get worse over time. If you cause damage to the property, it's important to be honest with your landlord about what has happened and notify them immediately – especially if the damage makes the property vulnerable, such as a broken window.


Redecoration / Cosmetic Works

You need to notify your landlord / agent if you want to carry out any repair work to make sure that they agree with the work taking place. This also applies if you are going to take on any redecoration. Remember, it's not your property and it may not be to your landlord's taste.


Use extractor fans where installed

If there is an extractor fan installed in your bathroom, utility room or kitchen, use it. If there isn't one, open the window when you use the shower or bath to let steam escape from the room. Ventilate the kitchen and utility rooms when using tumble dryers. Mould is likely to build up if you don't ventilate rooms properly, this can quickly become a problem.


Replace smoke alarm batteries

It is the responsibility of your landlord to provide smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your rented property, it is your responsibility as the tenant to make sure they are working and to replace batteries if they run out. Test your smoke alarms weekly.


Allow access for repairs and inspections

You should give your landlord access to your home to see if repairs are needed.  

Your landlord must:

Give you at least 24 hours' written notice

Inspect at a reasonable time of day

You must also allow access to tradespeople or engineers if the landlord has arranged repairs and to facilitate the legal requirement of a Gas Safety certificate, EICR and EPC when they need to be renewed.


Get an instant online valuation

Find out how much your property is worth